Suicide Prevention Resources
- National Institution for Mental Health. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is the largest scientific organization in the world dedicated to research focused on the understanding of mental health. The mission of NIMH is to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery, and cure.
- Center for Disease Control. The CDC is dedicated to protecting health and promoting quality of life through the prevention and control of disease, injury, and disability. The center provides information and resources related to suicide and suicide prevention.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. The ASFP engages in a wide range of suicide prevention initiatives designed to reduce loss of life from suicide.
- American Association of Suicidology. The AAS s a membership organization for all those involved in suicide prevention and intervention or those touched by suicide. The AAS is a leader in the advancement of scientific and programmatic efforts in suicide prevention through research, education, and training, the development of standards and resources, and survivor support services.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center. The Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) provides prevention support, training, and resources to assist organizations and individuals to develop suicide prevention programs, interventions, and policies and to advance the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention.
- Suicide Prevention Action Network USA. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention/SPAN USA is the leading national nonprofit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education, and advocacy and to reaching out to people with mental disorders and those impacted by suicide.
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education. The mission of SAVE is to prevent suicide through public awareness and education, to reduce stigma, and to serve as a resource to those touched by suicide.